Keeping up with SMC!
SMC continues to lead the way in clutch technology in 2017. Similar to the interchangeable clutch sprockets, aluminum drum, Vortex torsion springs and eight tab disc we created in the 90’s and the SMC Axle Clutch created in the 80’s, we will continue to design new products to enhance the kart racing experience.
- SMC introduced its new AGGRESSOR, Two Disc, Engine Clutch at the OVKA Swap Meet. Cost $265.00 with a sprocket. The Sprockets are available in both #35 and #219 pitch.
- Our customers ask…we listen. SMC introduced its new clutch on May 31st: the SMC ONE INCH BULLET, Three Disc, Engine Clutch. The first batch has already SOLD OUT! Orders are being taken for the next batch. Cost $340.00 without the sprocket. The Sprockets are available in both #35 and #428 pitch and cost $35.00.
- New online store added to the SMC website.
- Make that Patent number six! SMC received a US Patent for the Vortex RED Sprockets.
- SMC adds a 9 tooth sprocket #35 chain to its line of sprockets for the Vortex RED Engine Clutch. Check it out here!
- SMC added 11 and 12 tooth sprockets #219 chain to its line of sprockets for the Vortex RED Engine Clutch. Check it out here!
- SMC introduces the NEW Vortex BLACK to RED Conversion Kit. Check it out here!
- SMC Vortex BLACK drums are shipping with 12 slots, trippling the wear on a drum.
- SMC added the New Vortex RED 3 Disc Engine Clutch. Vortex RED is availiable 1, 2 and 3 disc.
- SMC introduces the New Vortex RED Engine Clutch, available in 1 or 2 Disc.
- SMC renames the Vortex Clutch line.
- SMC now makes Two Disc Vortex clutches with a 20mm bore to be used with the Subaru Robin engines.
- SMC modified the Vortex Roller Lever for additional durability by adding a pin connecting the two halves.
- SMC Roller Levers have been granted Patented staus by the US Patent & Trademark Office.
SMC announces all Vortex Clutches will only be shipped with the eight slot drums. Obviously you can use either four or eight tab discs but the intention is to double the life of the drum for four tab user. The reason for this change is to go along with our spend less philosophy. The eight slot drum will double its life with the four tab clutch discs i.e. after four slots wear out, the clutch discs can be indexed 45 degrees and the second set of slots employed.
SMC Sprocket & High RPM Retaining Ring
We are pleased to announce that SMC will include the High RPM Retaining Ring with all 28 versions of the SMC Sprockets. Retail price is $21.00 per sprocket.
SMC Roller Levers – Bully and Vortex Styles
Structure Mechanics Corporation unvailed the new SMC Roller Lever. In short, SMC designed and built bearings that fit between the levers and the pressure plate. The result is much smoother engagement and faster acceleration.